- Our Infant program serves children from 6 weeks to 18 months, in an intimate, safe and secure environment. In this naturally lit, beautifully prepared Montessori “Nido” (Italian for “Nest”) environment, infants are cared for lovingly and carefully to enjoy freedom of movement, and develop at their own pace to be independent individuals.
- The environment is carefully prepared taking into consideration each individual child’s developmental needs to discover and interact. The environment is equipped with attractive materials reachable to the infants when they are ready to develop essential gross and fine motor skills. It is equipped with a movement area; with stairs and platform for climbing, bars for pulling-up, an eating area with child sized tables and chairs, and a cozy sleeping area with cribs.
- Lead by Ms. Kelly Disakias, an experienced, certified Infant/Toddler Montessori professional, the infants will be cared for lovingly and tenderly. With a ratio of 1 adult to 3 infants, the teachers will observe and follow each infant’s developmental milestones; crawling, sitting, standing and taking their first steps.
Curriculum Areas of Focus
- Our infant program focuses on the emotional, physical, and social well-being of the child that allows them to learn through communication, while rapidly making progress and connections. The program is enriched with developmentally appropriate Montessori materials to challenge and build cognitive abilities to facilitate development of the child.
- The infant program is open from 7.00am to 6.00pm. Schedules are a minimum of six hours a day, three days a week.
So What's Next
The first step is for you to schedule your personal tour.
We're hosting an open house on February 10th at 1pm for parents of all programs on the school grounds. Join us on beautiful grounds of St. Martin's School. Please click here to reserve your spot.